| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
president nicolas, dean bernazzani, 1 members, religious directors, graduating students, families, friends, and trustees.
尼古拉斯总统、伯纳扎尼院长、教职员工、宗教主管、即将毕业的学生、家人、朋友和理事们。
it's a great honor for me to be speaking just now.
我很荣幸能在这里发言。
in the next few minutes, i want to share with you just seven little steps that you could take to 2 on the most heroic story that you can imagine for yourself.
在接下来的几分钟里,我想与你们分享七个小步骤,你们可以采取这些步骤来开始一个你能想象到的最英勇的故事。
step one, become the best listener in the world.
第一步,成为世界上最好的倾听者。
there's a conversation going on right now in the world and this is a scary conversation.
现在世界上正在进行一场对话,这是一场可怕的对话。
war, terrorism, eco-destruction, the 3 of species, poison in our food chain, and climate change.
战争、恐怖主义、生态破坏、物种灭绝、食物链中的毒素以及气候变化。
that's part of the conversation.
这是谈话的一部分。
but there's also another story alongside with that.
但与此同时还有另一个故事。
are we going to allow extinction the sixth extinction to take place?
我们会允许灭绝第六次大灭绝发生吗?
or can we together create a story for a more peaceful, just sustainable, healthier, and 4 world?
或者,我们能否共同创造一个更和平、更可持续、更健康、更快乐的世界?
because, as mahatma gandhi said, if we can't be the change that we want to see in the world, then we'll end up being angry, active angry, peace advocates, peace 5 who are angry, and that's a contradiction in itself.
因为,正如圣雄甘地所说,如果我们不能做出我们希望看到的改变,那么我们最终会变得愤怒,变成愤怒的和平倡导者,愤怒的和平活动家,这本身就是矛盾的。
so listen, listen to the zeitgeist of the moment create a vision for yourself.
所以,倾听当下的时代精神,为自己创造一个愿景。
get together with people who want to share your vision, bond with them, emotionally 6 their strengths with your strengths.
与那些想要与你分享愿景的人聚在一起,与他们建立联系,在情感上用你的长处来补充他们的长处。
there's nothing that cannot be 7 when we share a vision together when we mind emotionally when we compliment each other's strengths.
当我们分享共同的愿景时,当我们在情感上思考,当我们赞美彼此的优点时,没有什么是实现不了的。
and i know my son is sitting there in the audience, and he's got a series called religion of sport.
我知道我的儿子就坐在观众席里,他有一个系列节目叫“体育宗教”。
i'll tell you any sports team that wins has those characteristics, shared vision, emotional bonding, and 8 strengths.
我要告诉你,任何获胜的运动队都有这些特点,共同的愿景,情感纽带和互补的优势。
we have to do that together.
我们必须齐心协力才行。
it is your journey now that is going to help us go in that direction.
现在正是你们的旅程将帮助我们朝着那个方向前进。
even more important, be 9.
更重要的是,要真实。
have integrity, be responsible for your health and the health and joy of others.
有诚信,对自己的健康负责,对他人的健康和快乐负责。
recognize that the most valuable things, even though this is a great university and you're going to get a great degree.
认识到最有价值的东西,即使这是一所很好的大学,你会获得很好的学位。
but the most valuable things in life don't come with degrees. they don't come with 10.
但是生命中最有价值的东西并不只是来自学位。他们没有证书。
the most valuable things in life come with your ability to create relationships.
生活中最有价值的东西来自于你建立人际关系的能力。
your ability to 11 love.
你培养爱的能力。
你拥有同理心、同情心、平静和喜悦的能力。
your desire to evolve in the direction of truth, goodness, harmony, beauty, peace, and joy.
你向着真、善、和谐、美、和平和快乐的方向发展的愿望。
without that, it is a 14 experience, not?
如果没有这一点,那将是一次徒劳的经历,不是吗?
点击收听单词发音
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
- 发表评论
-
- 最新评论